Demos & Rentals
In depth information about demos at the Mt Washington Backcountry Ski Festival along with off site rental options.
March 8-10, 2019
A gathering in the White Mountains of New Hampshire for backcountry skiers & riders of all abilities. Presented by The North Face. Current registration giveaways:
- Send a message via our contact form by 01/31/2019 saying "I want a free Weekend Pass." On 2/1/2019, we'll choose one person to get a free Weekend Pass ($40 value).
- Register for the festival by 01/31/2019 at the 1 day, 2 day, or AIARE 1 level. On 2/1/2019, we'll choose one person to get a free 1 Day Course registration ($150 value) that you can give to a friend.
There will be backcountry skiing and riding demo equipment at the festival, but it's "first come first served" and subject to availability. Certain sizes and types of gear are limited. Please don't count on being able to demo full backcountry setups or specific pieces of equipment. With that said, here is a list of demo equipment we expect to have on hand.
- backcountry clothing demos
- alpine touring skis with bindings, skins, and poles
- beacon fleet (tentative)
- beacon park for practicing avalanche beacon skills
- 15 split board demos (Never Summer boards, Karakoram bindings, skins, poles)
- split board demos (please contact us if you would like to reserve a Jones demo split board setup in advance)
- split board demos
- TBD (mens and womens AT boots in 2018)
A limited amount of backcountry skiing/riding equipment will be available for rental at the festival, but we can't guarantee availability. If you would like to rent in advance and make sure you have the necessary equipment , please check with the following stores in the Northeast.
@ Mt Washington Backcountry Ski Festival
- Ski The Whites - Full rental fleet of backcountry skiing equipment (skis, bindings, boots, skins, poles, avalanche safety equipment, and more) exclusively available at discounted "onsite" rate.
- Ragged Mountain Equipment in Intervale, NH (no rentals, but sells a wide variety of backcountry skiing equipment)
- International Mountain Equipment - North Conway, NH (avalanche safety equipment available for rental)
- Andes Ski Shop - Bartlett, NH
- mtnGear - Glen, NH
- Village Ski & Snowboard - Lincoln, NH
- Fire on the Mountain - Dover, NH (as of 2018, has one AT rental setup)
- MIT Outing Club - Cambridge, MA (members only, but any non-MIT people can be members for $25 annually)
- Mountain Ops - Stowe, VT
- Magic Mountain - Londonderry, VT
- Bolton Valley - Bolton Valley, VT
- Okemo - Ludlow, VT
- Basecamp Outfitters - Killington, VT
- Umiak Outdoor Outfitters - Stowe and Richmond, VT
- Outdoor Gear Exchange - Burlington, VT
- The Mountaineer - Keene Valley, NH