The 2017 Mt Washington Backcountry Ski Festival is presented by The North Face.
Their support makes the festival possible and we're psyched to have athletes Emily Harrington and Mark Synnott involved.
The North Face
To inspire and enable athletes to push their limits - to seek new routes, new lines or new distances and to NEVER STOP EXPLORING.
Besides being the title sponsor, check out The North Face presence at the 2017 festival:
- three The North Face representative will be attending the festival with demo gear and to answer questions
- they've donated a VE 25 tent, Snackle Box, and Base Camp Duffel to the silent auction and will be giving away gear throughout the weekend
- for demos, they'll have Fuseform Brigadine jackets (men & women), Premonition jackets (men & women), and Free Thinker bibs
More about The North Face:
Emily Harrington - The North Face Athlete Team
Driven and determined. That’s Emily in a nutshell. Born and raised in Boulder, CO, Emily Harrington has been climbing for most of her life and boasts an impressive list of achievements to show for it. After a decade of success in climbing competitions at the highest level, Emily’s adventurous spirit has led her to blaze new trails in the mountains, notching first female ascents on some of the hardest technical routes around the globe, free climbing big walls, and summitting the world's tallest peaks.
- Five-time sport climbing US National Champion
- First female ascent of multiple 5.14 sport climbs
- Free climbed 'Golden Gate' on El Capitan, Yosemite (5.13b, 40 pitches)
- Winner of the women’s division at Ouray Ice Festival 2012
- Summitted Mt Everest in 2012
- Summitted Cho Oyu (sixth tallest peak in the world) in 2016, achieving a speed record (2 weeks, door to door) and complete ski descent from the summit
More about Emily:
Mark Synnott - The North Face Athlete Team
Mark Synnott is a pioneering big wall climber and one of the most prolific adventurers of his generation. His search for unclimbed and unexplored rock walls has taken him on nearly 30 expeditions to places like Alaska, Baffin Island, Greenland, Iceland, Newfoundland, Patagonia, Guyana, Venezuela, Pakistan, Nepal, India, China, Tibet, Uzbekistan, Russia, Cameroon, Chad, Borneo, Oman and Pitcairn Island.
More about Mark:
Want to learn more about The North Face, Emily, and Mark?
Emily will be presenting at the Après Ski Party and leading the Women's Intro to Backcountry Skiing courses on Saturday and Sunday...