The North Face athlete Emily Harrington will be presenting at the 2017 Mt Washington Backcountry Ski Festival.
Professional climber and skier Emily Harrington will be talking about her recent expedition to climb and ski Cho Oyu, the 6th tallest mountain in the world at 26,906'. Festival founder, Mark Synnott has this to say about Emily..."Emily has climbed 5.14, free climbed El Cap, climbed Mount Everest, and skied an 8000 meter peak - solidly badass in my book."
The North Face Athlete Team
Driven and determined. That’s Emily in a nutshell. Born and raised in Boulder, CO, Emily Harrington has been climbing for most of her life and boasts an impressive list of achievements to show for it. After a decade of success in climbing competitions at the highest level, Emily’s adventurous spirit has led her to blaze new trails in the mountains, notching first female ascents on some of the hardest technical routes around the globe, free climbing big walls, and summitting the world's tallest peaks.
- Five-time sport climbing US National Champion
- First female ascent of multiple 5.14 sport climbs
- Free climbed 'Golden Gate' on El Capitan, Yosemite (5.13b, 40 pitches)
- Winner of the women’s division at Ouray Ice Festival 2012
- Summitted Mt Everest in 2012
- Summitted Cho Oyu (sixth tallest peak in the world) in 2016, achieving a speed record (2 weeks, door to door) and complete ski descent from the summit
Want to see Emily's Presentation?
Emily will be the main presenter during the Après Ski Party at Wildcat Mountain ski area on Saturday March 11th, 2017. All registration levels include access to this event.